Sunday 23 June 2019

Never Give Up On Your Dream

 Time for a crafty play - I decorated a 20 x 11 cm plaque. I painted it with white acrylic paint then added differing layers of Stamperia crackle (white). I added washes of Raw Umber and then Walnut stain drying and rubbing back until I had the effects I wanted. above and below photos at the same stage different background.
 I then used Stamperia stencil ( you will notice I later washed and lost the butterflies as they were not giving me the effect I was looking for).
 I added further washes and used an Andy Skinner background stamp for added interest. Plus using a stipling brush added some nice Walnut splatters .
I prepared some cardstock with TH Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber Inkpads stamped and embossed one of my favourite Visible Image quotes and arranged my TH Transparent Wings.
 Having sealed the piece I added the quote and butterflies.
It was nice to get out again into the garden to take several photos of the finished project.
 The lower and top butterflies are positioned as if the butterflies are in flight.



Thank you for dropping by I would like to enter my plaque into the following Challenges 
Country View Challenges                                   It's A Bug's Life 
TIMI                                                       Anything (stamped ) Goes
Love To Craft                                                          Anything Goes
More Mixed Media                                         Anything MM Goes
Creative Artiste                                                    Anything MM Goes
Love To Create                                              Anything MM Goes

6 comments:

Linda said...

This looks amazing. Love the colour and the texture. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous! The transparent butterflies look incredible against the distressed background! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Ina G said...

Simply fabulous result here Carol. It's always nice to see detailed steps on how projects come together. Lovely layers and those butterflies are beautiful as is your sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Artiste MM Challenge.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Carol, I love how you've aged the wood, and the Stamperia stencil looks wonderful. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Crafty Humphreys said...

This is a lovely mixed media project. Thanks so much for joining in with the Craft Stamper June Challenge. Suz x

Monika Gulyas said...

The background is awesome and the butterflies look amazing on it!!! Thank you for joining the June challenge of the Country View Challenges!