Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Key - Altered Metal Jar Lid

 
 
For ages I've wanted to alter a jar lid - no idea why but with half term and kids with colds I decided in between feeding/ nursing / tissue handing I would have a play.
 
Background paper from stash cut to size, TH image stamped so I knew where to work around.
TH dots stencil and gesso brushed over, then once dry stencil offset and DecoArt Raw sienna acrylic paint  brushed over. TH grunge stamp inked in Barn Door DI and stamped to ground fairy.
Tiny key placed into fairy hand and the lid edge had a coat of texture paste which when dry was painted with DecArt Raw Sienna Acrylic paint.
TH fairy stamped and  embossed onto card stock copics colours for skin and fussy cut, later cut edges coloured with copics pen. Onto tissue paper I stamped the key using Dovecraft mini alphabet peg stamps, which were then placed and stuck with gel.
 


Whole thing glazed. Cropodile hole and eyelet added, 4mm beads onto clear thread to create a hanger lace applied to tin edge - all done!





























I would like to enter this into

Craft Stamper Take It make It - February Challenge  Use Stencils

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything Goes

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Altered Goes

Thank you for looking

Have a lovely day :)    xx


11 comments:

Linda said...

This is so cute ..... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

My Side of Oz said...

I love this project! I want to try this technique with the wings altering photos! Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

Sid said...

Great decoration of the lid, and choice of materials and stamp !

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Carol, your jar lid is awesome. I like how you recycled it and turned it into a genuine work of art.

Sorry I'm not participating in Craft Barn this year, but the challenges just didn't appeal to me. Glad to know I was missed, though (grin).

A Pink said...

what a cool idea ! Carol good on ya for making the idea a reality ! Ya've done a fabulous job ! Love it !

craftytrog said...

Fantastic!!!
Alison x

Tracy said...

Adoreable, thank you for joining us for Craft Stampers Take it Make it challenge xoxox

Suzanne C said...

Clever idea to use the top and so sweet! Love that image and how you have showcased her. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sammy said...

This is so lovely. Would never have thought of altering a lid! Love it. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

steffi said...

This is great - nice to see something out of the ordinary - and I love the fairy!! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit - Steffi :o) xx

Darnell said...

I'm glad you took a little creative time for yourself, Carol, and what a creative time you took! This is unique and utterly charming! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell